Fast Travel Games today released the first major content update for the strategic VR shooter Guardians Frontline. The free update introduces a new weapon, vehicles, the lava biome, enhanced map editor tools, and matchmaking improvements. The update also brings more avatars, including five female Guardian avatars and the sleek Red Guardian. Guardians Frontline is available for $24.99 on the Meta Quest Store and Steam
Take a look at the latest trailer for the game here:
Features of the latest update include:
- NEW WEAPONS: Drain enemy HP with the medic gun and use it to cure units or Guardians.
- FIELD TRANSPORT: Traverse the battlefield easily via the new hoverbike or stand your ground with the new two-seater tank.
- FIELD SUPPORT: Select explosive arrows, teleport arrows, piercing bullets, repair drones, or smart triggers via tech tree progression.
- LAVA BIOME: Rough and rocky terrain makes for a challenging experience for the most seasoned of Guardians.
- MORE AVATARS: Choose between five female Guardian avatars or play as the sleek Red Guardian.
- MORE MAP EDITOR TOOLS: Add bug lair assets such as eggs and parts, auto-enable headlights for dark maps, and seamlessly select items with the box selection tool.
- MATCHMAKING IMPROVEMENTS: Add in-game friends to the dedicated Friend list to quickly queue up for the next battle or see a list of all Guardians you’ve played with via the Last Played list.
For more information about the game itself, check out our own review of Guardians: Frontline, written before this update!